This Is THE Best Trend To Ever Land On TikTok
Lucky Girl Syndrome has got to be my favourite TikTok attend to date. But what is Lucky Girl Syndrome? How you can use the Lucky Girl Method as a busy midlife woman.
TikTok is a phenomenal beast and a space that I avoided for a long time thinking it was just about kids dancing.
But as an online creator, it soon became a platform that I could no longer ignore as it’s evolved into so much more than just prancing around in front of your phone. You can connect with me on TikTok HERE if you haven’t already.
With a much younger demographic (though that is now shifting) some of the trends on there can be questionable and many bordering on ridiculous.
But there are some emerging trends that I can start to get behind
Lucky Girl Syndrome has recently started reaching virality and it has got to be one of my favourite trends to date.
What Is Lucky Girl Syndrome?
Lucky Girl Syndrome is basically manifestation, but it’s just been rebranded to make it sound a little bit cooler for the young un’s. But us midlife women can get in on the action too, it doesn’t have to just be for the cool kids.
Lucky Girl Syndrom and/or menifestation stresses the importance of your daily mindset, exuding high vibrations, talking about things in a positive way and expecting good things to happen in your life.
‘I’m so lucky, everything is always working out for me’
It’s about conditioning your brain, the way you talk, your outlook on the world and expecting good things to come into your life.
There are many books and concepts on manifestation, probably one of the most popular is (book links are all amazon affiliate links** )The Secret by Rhonda Bryne.
There is no shortage of books and teachers on the art of manifestation, but I like the way that Mel Robins in her book The High 5 Habit breaks down the science of what is actually going on when we actively work on manifesting the things that we want into our lives.
Manifestation is not just airy-fairy mumbo jumbo, it’s backed by neuroscience.
Manifestation is really about using the filter in your brain called the Reticular Activating System (RAS). Mel Robins talks about it as being the bouncer in your brain. There is so much stimulation going on in our world that if our brain let it all in, it would be just too much information for us to process.
Your RAS blocks 99% of what is around us and only filters through what is essential or important. Whatever thoughts you keep on repeating to yourself is what your RAS thinks is essential.
I remember when I was first trying to get pregnant, it took a little while. During that time all I could see were pregnant women, everywhere I went it felt like everyone was pregnant but me.
Getting pregnant was important to me at that time, it was all I could think about, so that was what my RAS was letting in as I saw a pregnant woman every time I left the house.
Now pregnancy is no longer on my mind I barely notice pregnant people, it’s just not on my radar.
Or when you think about getting a new car. You have your mind set on the make, the model, the colour you want. All of a sudden you are on the road and every other car seems to be that make, model and colour.
So activating Lucky Girl syndrome is really about training your RAS to filter your world and help you find evidence of the things that you want, here is how Mel Robins puts it:
When you know how to use your RAS it becomes like a searchlight, sweeping the path ahead of you and shining its beam on all of the opportunities, synchronicities and hidden surprises that are waiting for you, just around the corner. When you tell your RAS what to see, it works for you.
People will often brand this as just being toxic positivity.
Toxic positivity can be described as “excessive and ineffective overgeneralization of a happy, optimistic state across all situations”
I’m not talking about this. Not everything in life is going to be wonderful, and not dealing with challenging emotions and working through them can be just as harmful as it leads to a lot of shame and guilt.
I know I have experienced this in the past when I was working on manifestation and then would feel bad if some negative feelings showed up. That I shouldn’t be feeling this way, because then I won’t manifest what I want.
Over the years I have learnt to accept and actually use these feelings and discover that they are often some of the greatest teachers.
Even when challenging things show up, true and real manifestation involves embracing the challenges and being able to ask yourself.
What is this showing/teaching me?
What Is The Lucky Girl Method?
So if we want to activate Lucky Girl Syndrome or manifest good things into our life, then these are the steps.
- Set your intention: Decide what it is that you want to manifest in your life. This could be anything from a new job to improved health to better relationships. It could be as simple as the intention of deciding that you are indeed lucky.
- Believe: Believe that you can have what you desire, and believe that the universe will help you manifest it. This means letting go of doubts, fears, and negative beliefs. It’s this or something better!
- Visualize: Use visualization techniques to imagine yourself already having what you want. Imagine yourself experiencing the emotions and sensations that come with having your desire fulfilled. Don’t just visualise the end goal. But also visualise the steps it will take to get you there, visualise yourself doing the hard stuff. Want to be a writer, then visualise yourself getting up earlier in the morning to create the time to write. Want to lose weight, then visualise yourself putting on your gym kit and going to workout when it’s cold and dark outside and you really don’t want to. Visualise the progress steps as well as the end goal.
- Feel gratitude: Cultivate a sense of gratitude for all that you have in your life, and for the things that you are manifesting. This will help you stay in a positive and receptive state of mind.
- Take inspired action: Take action towards your goals, but let the universe guide you towards the right opportunities and people. Follow your intuition and take inspired action, rather than forcing things to happen.
- Receive: Be open to receiving what you have asked for. This means being open to new opportunities, people, and experiences, and being willing to let go of any limiting beliefs or fears that may be holding you back. Notice when small things feel like they are going your way, this will strengthen your belief muscle.
- Mantras: Talk to yourself and train that RAS to look for evidence. There are so many to choose from. Pick what you feel a connection to and say it to yourself daily. Here are some examples of lucky girl syndrome affirmations and mantra’s you can use
- I’m so lucky
- I know good things are coming to me
- I don’t even have to question it
- I’m on my way to my destination
- It’s all coming to me
- Everything is always working out for me
By following these steps, you can begin to apply the principles of The Secret, Lucky Girl Syndrome or whatever form of manifestation you choose to follow in order to create the things that you want more of in your life.
It’s important to say that it’s no magic formula. It may not always show up that very same day like all of those TikTok stories. Sometimes it will still take work, time, effort, persistence and trust to see things come into your life.
However, by cultivating a positive and receptive mindset, and taking inspired action towards your goals, you can begin to create the life that you truly desire and feel supported by life, just remind yourself that you are lucky, things are always working out and good things are coming to you.
Whilst I still have so much that I want to attract and manifest in my life, using these ideas and thoughts reminds me to be patient, and trust but also feel supported along the way.