A list of my favourite know your worth quotes to empower your unstoppable mindset.
I first read the book ‘You Can Heal Your Life’ by Louise Hay, a good 10 years ago now and one of the biggest things that hit me at the moment when I was reading those pages. That most of our pain, problems and low self-esteem stems from not feeling good enough and second-guessing our self-worth.
This also relates very closely to health and wellness too. It’s why the mindset aspect is such a huge part of the Better Body coaching programme. When you value your self-worth, you also start to value and want to take better care of your health too. You are worthy of feeling fit, healthy and amazing in your body.
You stop needing to use food as coping mechanism and instead build a healthier relationship with the self and your eating patterns and behaviours.
A lot can be healed and indeed a lot can be achieved when you realise just how incredible and powerful you can become when you sink yourself into a deeper knowing of your own self-worth.
As a human being in this crazy ever-changing world, you are an incredible feat of the universe just by you being here. You get to realise that you are worthy of the trip you take through this life and open your mind to the new adventures that will come your way when only you start to see your true worth.
It’s not always easy I know. I am someone who can be quite shy and very often feels insecure and have many times doubted my own self-worth and would often attempt to eat away my insecurities. That doesn’t work by the way. So over the years, this is work that I have had to do a lot of, but it’s work worth doing.
You too get to realise your worth and greatness.
With time and age, I have come to realise that it’s not really the approval of others that I need but to see my own value, to recognise my own worth. To have the right mental attitude to create peace of mind for myself and realise my own potential.
These are some of the most powerful quotes that have inspired me to uncover the strength and confidence in myself and to show up as the powerful woman that I know I want to be. It’s so important to have role models and people that we can look up to, and so a simple quotes from some of the greats can be the motivation you need in your day to keep on showing up as your best self.
It’s always a work in progress and so quotes just like these are inspirational in reminding you of your true worth and value in this world.
1 Its not your job to like me, it’s mine – Byron Katie
2 Self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are the main keys to positive changes in every area of our lives. – Louise Hay
3 Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it. – Maya Angelou
4 The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate -Oprah Winfrey
5 A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval – Mark Twain
6 No one can make you feel inferior without your consent – Eleanor Roosevelt Meaning that no one can make you feel anything unless it triggers something within you that you already feel and fear about yourself.
7 Your value doesn’t decrease based upon someone else’s ability to see your worth – Zig Ziglar
9 Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone else to tell you who you are – Beyonce
9 If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone, you have already forgotten your value – Unknown
10 Love yourself so much that when someone treats you wrong, you recognise it – Rena Rose
11 At the end of the day, you won’t be happy until you love yourself. – Lady Gaga.
12 You will never be able to feel fully secure in yourself if you rely on others’ opinions of you because opinions will always change. We cannot rely on other people to tell us what we are worth – Ashley Heatherington
13 Self-worth cannot be verified by others. You are worthy because you say it is so. If you depend on others for your value it is other-worth. – Wayne Dyer
14 There will always be someone who can’t see your worth. Don’t let it be you. – Mel Robbins.
15 You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once. But don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have, because history has shown us that courage can be contagious, and hope can take on a life of its own. – Michelle Obama
16 Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love. – Brene Brown
17 You alone are the judge of your worth and your goal is to discover infinite worth in yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks – Deepak Chopra
18 In the egoic state, your sense of self, your identity, is derived from your thinking mind – in other words, what your mind tells you about yourself: the storyline of you, the memories, the expectations, all the thoughts that go through your head continuously and the emotions that reflect those thoughts. All those things make up your sense of self. – Eckhart Tolle
19 Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? – Marianne Williamson
20 Confidence is everything. Confidence is what makes that simple white tee and jeans look good. – Ciara
21 You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do. – Eleanor Roosevelt
22 When you replace that self-criticism and self-doubt that brings you down, with self-love and acceptance that lifts you up, your life will change – Mel Robins
- 23 Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are. – Lady Gaga.
- 24 At the end of the day, you won’t be happy until you love yourself. – Lady Gaga.
- 25 Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power – Clint Eastwood
- 26 Self-worth is everything. Without it, life is a misery – Julie Walters
- 27 Our doubts are traitors and cause us to miss the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. – William Shakespeare
- 28 You are loved just for being who you are, just for existing. You don’t have to do anything to earn it. Your shortcomings, your lack of self-esteem, physical perfection, or social and economic success – none of that matters.- Ram Dass
- 29 Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. – Marie Curie
- 30 Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson.
- 31 Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller
- 32 Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid – Albert Einstein
- 33 Follow your dreams, believe in yourself and don’t give up. – Rachel Corrie
- 34 You’ve gotta love yourself enough to look INSIDE you & not BESIDE you for your joy, confidence, & self-worth. -Mandy Hale
- 35 Make yourself a priority. No one should treat you better than you treat yourself. Love starts with you. Tony Gaskins.
- 36 If you’re following your dreams, you’re doing something you love and that you believe in yourself for. Mckayla Maroney
- 37 Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
- 38 If you are to accomplish all that one demands of you, you must overestimate your own worth” – Johann Wolfgang
- 39 I realized that I could spend the rest of my life doubting myself, or I could make the brave decision to work through self-doubt and allow myself to be stretched in ways I had not been before” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- 40 Your weight does not define your worth – Rachel Pate
- 41 Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power – Lao Tzu
- 42 Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you – Ralph Waldo Emerson