Believe me, I feel your frustration. When it feels like you are trying your best, but that number on the scale still isn’t shifting, arrghhhhhhh!!!!
Whilst some people only have to do a few exercises or maybe they switch their alcohol to a lower calorie option and the weight seems to just fall off them. Not me I have to work pretty damn hard to be this size.
At the age of 39, I hover around 11.2 stone and a size 14. Yes, I eat healthily, I move my body and am very active but I do also struggle to lose weight. I also love sweets and beer and not so willing to completely give up all of those things.
I’m not telling you this for you to compare, I’m telling you this because I can have moments when I feel the same frustrations too.
As women get older we can often be told the story that it’s just downhill from here on in BUT I don’t believe that to be true. Yes, we have increasing hormonal disturbances that can make it more difficult to lose weight but I also want you to know that you are wayyyyy more than that number on the scale and there are lots of things you CAN do to look and feel better.
We are just heading into week 6 of the Summer Sculpt programme and though the number on the scale hasn’t shifted all that much for me personally, there are many ways in which I am still feeling pretty amazing. Here are some of the non-scale related wins from this last week:
- Hitting a 6 rep max on my chin ups, up by two from the start of the month. To me the chin up is fully certified badassery. It’s a move that makes me feel strong, powerful and unstoppable. So to see improvements is huge for me.
- I did a longer run last week and was surprised at just how strong I felt. Despite not doing much running of late, my Better Body workouts are paying off, they are short but man they are effective, maximum benefit in a short space of time. I didn’t judge the time or pace of my run, instead l I focused on how the run felt. Had some awesome feel good tunes on and just went for it. And the mobility routines I have been adding to warm up’s and cool downs of better body sessions mean I wasn’t even super achy afterwards.
- Slept better this week. I like to try and stick to a no mid-week drinking guideline. BUT I’m human and when the sun is shining often a glass of rose in the sunshine wins. But it has a huge effect on my sleep. So no mid-week boozing means I have had some really good solid night’s sleep and it shows in my energy, mood and ability to eat better.
- Mindful eating no rules no restrictions just taking the time to slow down and be present with my meals. When we make unsupportive food choices, its often when we are being fast-paced distracted and mindless. Slowing down my eating, paying attention to my food, the tastes the flavours, my feelings and emotions allows me to feel more aligned with my positive health habits.
- The scale has only dropped a couple of pounds, but body measurements are moving in a good direction and clothes are just feeling better.
So if the scale isn’t shifting for you take a look through these steps
- Are you really doing all of the things that you know you need to be doing? Moving your body, eating enough whole foods and veggies, getting enough sleep, drinking enough water, balancing out your plate and optimising macronutrients? If not work on these first and foremost. CLICK HERE and access the free 5 day kickstart, this is your get started guide of getting the basics right first.
- Work on hormonal balance as much as energy balance.
- What are you making the number on that scale mean? It doesn’t define your worth and it won’t necessarily make you happier? It’s ok to want to look and feel better, but when we connect that to our self-worth that is where the damaging cycle seeps in.
- Carry On Regardless – if you were to be showing up as the fittest, healthiest version of yourself what would you do?? You would keep on going anyway, because that’s just what you do. Do it because it makes you feel good, look for those non-scale victories and see that progress is taking place. That is what matters way more than a number on the scale.
You are an amazing and beautiful human, don’t you ever forget that.
You deserve to allow yourself to feel good. Because feeling good, feels good.
We are just into the final week of the summer sculpt and I have to say I have really enjoyed every single week. Seeing myself get fitter and stronger but blown away with the awesome progress our members are making too. Noticing those changes in their body, in their strength, their fitness levels, clothes fitting better and just feeling good about showing up for themselves and being consistent with the process. I know that some of you are still leading up to going away. So for this week I am deciding to open up the 6 week summer sculpt all over again. The difference is that it’s now available as a follow-along self-study course.
Whilst there is no live support with this option, the added bonus is that you now get lifetime access!!
This means that once you purchase it for just £67 you can keep on revisiting it time and time again, any time you want, year after year, summer after summer.
And it’s now also available in an app format too.
So you can access everything all from your smartphone. Want lifetime access to the 6 week summer to the sculpt plan??
CLICK HERE and get it today. You can work through at your own pace, at access it any time you need it. Get access and get started today >>>> https://emmacolseynicholls.newzenler.com/courses/6-week-fit-for-summer-challenge