This is one of my go-to recipes for a hearty, yet quick and easy meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Easy to make, requires little prep or equipment and is also great for making larger batches that can then be frozen and re-heated when you need it.
To keep this meal low calorie you can simply add courgette noodles or I like to load up my 1/2 plate of veggies with anything that you have available. Or of course, just enjoy with spaghetti.
For more healthy eating recipe ideas get the full Better Body cookbook range for just £7 CLICK HERE for more details and to purchase.
Quick And Easy Healthy Turkey Meatballs
- 900 g Gound Turkey Breast
- 230 g Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Gound Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 250 lm Chopped tomato or passata
- Fresh Parsley Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, onionpowder, garlic, herbs, black pepper, cayenne pepperand chili pepper flakes.
- Form the mixture into meatballs, roughly the size of awalnut and arrange them in a deep sided oven-proofdish. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 15 to 20minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.Remove the meatballs from the oven and drain off anyexcess grease.
- Now pour over the tomato sauce and top with the remaining 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.Return the dish to the oven and bake for a further 5 to10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Serving Suggestion: To keep the dish low carb, serve with courgette noodles. If adding carbs, serve with rice or pasta.