Last week I packed my bags and hopped on a plane for the first time in a good few years and flew off to the white isle of Ibiza for a friend’s Hen Do.
I genuinely am struggling to remember the last time I got on a plane, never mind the last time I got away for a girls holiday.
To say I was excited was an understatement.
It felt sooooo good to get away, but this trip didn’t come with some pre-flight apprehensions.
I know many of you can probably resonate with the feelings of self-consciousness that come when you are getting ready to expose your body in only your swimsuit.
I think this was exasperated by the thought of going away with a group of girls, half of which were I had never met before.
Not to mention the sexy bitch mates that I was going with. Though in all fairness I’m gonna take a bit of credit for at least two of them had just completed the 6-week summer sculpt programme, so they were feeling fit, strong and ready to rock the beach.
Here is what they had to say about the programme
CLICK HERE to learn more about the 6 week summer sculpt programme
I had decided that I would not be allowing any body insecurities to stand in my way, or indeed take away any of the enjoyment I wanted to have on this trip.
How many times have you told yourself that when you lost the 10lb, and then you will be happy??
This is the BS story that we all attempt to talk ourselves into believing.
You can choose to be accepting of your body and appreciate it where it is right here, and right now. You don’t have to lose anything to be able to feel that.
Sure I went into this holiday feeling pretty darn good. I was making so many improvements with my fitness, my energy levels had been feeling good. Those were the things that were really important to me as I got ready to head off on my holiday.
So if you are getting ready to go away on holiday soon too, here are some key things to keep in mind or to do in your holiday prep mode.
- Nobody actually gives a flying hoo-har about what your body looks like. In fact, most people are more concerned about how they look than being bothered about you.
- Cellulite, wobbly bits and stretch marks are all normal and pretty much every woman has them. Embrace them, they are part of you and I know you are pretty damn amazing.
- Workout, hydrate and eat well in the lead up to your holiday, but also for daily life holiday or not. Because it helps your body to move well, be strong for life and to have all of the energy your body needs to thrive. Stop pressuring yourself to eat less and move more to stress yourself out. Eat and move well because it feels good and empowering.
- Buy yourself some key items that you feel and look good in. Stop squeezing yourself into clothes that don’t fit, as that really does make you feel like sh*t. I think a comfortable capsule wardrobe is key here, and find items that fit and flatter your body shape no matter what the size on the label says (I’ll be sharing more of my holiday favourites in a full blog post next week) and FYI shop sizing is sooooo darn crazy, so don’t get down on yourself for having to buy a size up either. In some shops I can be an easy size 12 and in others I was struggling to squeeze my ass into a 14. Focus not on the number, but on the clothes that make you feel good when wearing them.
- Allow yourself to feel good. Now I’m not massively into beauty and actually like to stay pretty low maintenance these days, but I have to admit that a spray tan, an eyelash tint, fresh hair colour and getting my gel nails done really did help me to feel really fucking good and ready for my holiday.
- Confidence comes from within – I actually love people watching and when I was away I actually loved nothing more than seeing a curvy girl own her body, oozing confidence because she loves her body no matter what the size. That shit is attractive and whilst the introvert in me will never be that out there with my own body, I certainly love to see it in others.
Confidence comes from knowing who you are, your values and self-acceptance. Confidence or happiness does not come from a dress size or a number on a scale.
And just because, here is a pitcure of me in my swimsuit actually living my best life in Ibiza.
I literally had the best time and I don’t think anyone gave an actual shit that I don’t have the ‘perfect’ body.
OR if they did, well it made no difference to me, my life and the enjoyment of some much-needed girls and adult-only time.
Did I mention it was an adult-only hotel!!!!! Ahhhh, any mum will know what absolute bliss that was hahaha.
PS – To get the most effective and sustainable way to feel the best you can in your body in the run up to your holiday you can sign up now and join the 28 day Better Body plan. Your exact path to feeling fitter, stronger, healthier and more vibrant as you step into the summer season and beyond. I got all of the feel good vibes ready to share over to you too CLICK HERE and get signed up today.