During the lockdown, banana bread became the go-to recipe as we all started practising a little more baking.
Try this recipe, its soft and fluffy and you won’t even realise it’s gluten free. And it’s still super simple to make. You can freeze it and save it to curb hunger when the afternoon cravings hit.
Gluten-Free Banana Walnut Bread
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
- 4-5 very ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups), mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture and walnuts into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool another 30 minutes. Slice and serve warm!
Recipe adapted from Gimme Delicious